Thursday, August 06, 2009

Soulmates

Far past the greymist walls of careless clouds cracking and peeling and fading into twilight

Far beyond the humming high rises rising high in hopeless yearning

Away from the solitary silences of eyes and eyes and eyes that have forgotten

How to move and be moved by a moment's fault in their reticent nights of breathing,

Who claw at your soul who clutch onto your heart your passing heart

Who collect the shadows of your fallen smiles and want to own them in fading frames of light,

I have waited a content eternity for your return to the birthplace of your song.


For an eternity I scattered my fields and hills with stories of our ancient love

For an eternity I have taught birds and forests the crooning and gentle whisperings

That you whispered in the redglow embrace in the deepest hours of our afterlove.

And in between I have cried I have cried but only in the happiness

Of the sunsets and seamist and stardust you left behind.


And in between I have cried I have cried also sometimes in the sadness

Of the sunsets and seamist and stardust, after all was all you left behind.

In between I have not kept my promises that promised your return

And in between I have lost the birthplace of my own song

For in between I have searched out other songs.

In between I wandered the memories of others

Have been their yearnings only to scrape the sky

In between I have been the hands of men

Who clawed and clutched at the shadow of your fallen smile.

Inbetween I have searched for your eyes

Among other silent solitary eyes.


And our stories turn to stone

Among the hills and fields

And the larks forget the song

The forest now stands still.


So come home starlight come be my tear

My saddest tear in this saddest night


* * *

You see I'm not from around here I was waiting for half an eternity and in a moment's fault in my reticence decided to take a silent stroll just to rest my lights for a while but I think I'm a bit lost not sure not hopeless except the surface of things that glisten in the last hours of the stars you see I was looking for the sea to become the sky again but all I found was the endless wailing of skyscrapers statues in a desert and sirens by a neon seacity and the falling sun in their eyes and eyes and eyes and other colours constantly fading like the last flicker of scented candles so pour me another drink I gotta be on my way soon on my way again must find the birthplace of my song before the last speck of red has disappeared beyond the sand duned horizon framed like a sloping shadow of a smile her smile before I am sucked into this labrynth of eyes and eyes and eyes that glisten in the last lights like when I was the king the young king of all that was beautiful of all that did not need a decree of forgiveness on account of imperfection on account of sadness on account of bank holidays and broken hearts on account of martyrdom on the verge of silent flameless combustion into a state of unmovable frame framing eyes and eyes and shadows of lips her lips like burning charcoal burning through underpaintings and masterstrokes into the heart of men in the heart of forests and larks who have forgotten the song who have lost the words and the stories that lie in ruins that are stones and hollows along the mountainside that waits still waiting for half an eternity now who cry by twilight for starlight hearts caved out by screaming stormwinds remember remember last time a long time ago but where has she drifted sliding like a shadow of clouds in this darkest night.


And the clouds they whisper and sigh

Look at the sky the stars they cry

For these words will turn to stone

Among the hills and fields

The larks forget the words

The forest now stands still.


* * *


I found her among the ruins of our lovetales.


I followed her through the ebb and pine of our stories turned to stone.


She held me in her arms and I gave her a sunset.


With the last speck of red remaining.


But she did not remember me.


For my loving has turned to stone.


Inspite of hills and fields.


And the larks they did not sing.


And the forest still stood still.

No comments: