Thursday, November 10, 2011

On Drugs

On drugs I watch
Soft shadows lucid licking
The naked ceiling of my winter bedroom-
On drugs your face
In my head, your words
On my mind, my mind -
On drugs this world
Coloured rhythms through my eyes
Into my head, such laughter
On my mind, my mind-
On drugs I stand
I walk through the clouds
Onto the streets, my bleeding streets.
The white hot sun is shining bright -
On drugs midnight waits
At every turn hear for whispers
Await the dawn of the last midnight
When the truth be told truth be told
We simply are we simply are -

On drugs, the beer tastes better,
On drugs, the bird sings sweeter,
On drugs I kiss your hair
While you are sleeping.

What was I saying?

3 comments:

Tree said...

This is like one of those truest of things no one talks about so beautifully yet they all do in different ignorable ways.

Sophie said...

Good one 😊

Sophie said...

Good one 😊