Friday, November 19, 2010

Lullaby

I'm slipping into silence, brother
My thoughts are losing sense, brother.
The words I cannot push brother
From the back of my throat.

There were men we were to save brother
Who died without a trace brother,
There was love we were to loot brother
From heavens up above.

I heard you calling out brother
I heard your every shout brother
But the king he had me drunk brother
And I couldn't let go.

In the palace of the wise brother
I found the blackest eyes brother
Who would sing me to sleep brother
Every time I tried to leave.

I know where you have been brother
I know what you have seen brother
But I don't know where you've gone brother
Now that I've come home.

Just wait a while, brother
Don't leave without a smile brother
I never meant to go brother
And leave you all alone.

Come rest your tired mind brother
These city streets are blind brother
Come take my hand brother
Let’s dream a dawn side by side.

In the gutters in the streets brother
A heartless drum beats brother
And although the wine is sweet brother
Their hands they never show.

Time has let them go brother
Their eyes they never glow brother
The child will never grow brother
Drawing circles in the muck.

That sky has no moon brother
That song has no tune brother
That story ends too soon brother
Without a drop of tear.

We’ve lost another day brother
To find another way brother
But no one taught us to pray brother
So in gutters we must hide.

But the gutters are for rats brother
And they’ll give us party hats brother
And bagfuls of dreams brother
But none that ever fit.

So lift the veil from your sky brother
The clouds whisper and sigh brother
And the stars they cry brother
And this song they sing for you.







4 comments:

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

akgdzji zgn eapqs hot asian girls

ozskd!

uglqo dfhepd kyx phat ass

amrusha said...

I am moved.

Philophobic said...

Oh, wow. :]