Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inbetween

1.
Electric whips of red traffic
Electric sheets of rain
Electric this night of inbetweens
Electric screams the sky
Electric screams the sky
At the silence inbetween.
In my silence inbetween
I see the slanting sheets
Of fierce fantastic rain
And watch it sculpting scenes
And watch it sculpting shadows
Through the deathly darkness:

2.
These shadows are men
Secretly silenced squinting
At lightning flashes
From under plastic sheet palaces
Inbetween the highrises rising
Their pain forgiven
Their love forgiven
Their deaths forgiven
By electric whips of rain.
These shadows are children
Exploding ecstasy on glass asphalt
Inbetween lightning flashes.
These shadows are women
Arching angels across walls
Stained and blurred and glowing with love
These shadows are lovers
These shadows are lovers
These shadows are lovers
Spitting love at the whips of traffic.

3.
I am ankle deep in mud
I am the inbetween
Rain makes sweat and tears
Petty and irrelevant
Right now, dearest,
My princess, my heart
Hidden like a pearl
Encased and enclosed
In this cold caressing rain
I’d settle for your pity
I could die for your love
For a moment of peace
For your redrush kiss
I’m ankle deep in mud
Right now my dearest
My princess my queen
I’m the inbetween.

4.
How much hatred made up this day?
How many deaths, births and inbetweens?
How many people fucked?
With or without love?
How many people remained inbetween?
How many empires were created?
How many wars fought?
Over weapons of mass destruction?
How many women were raped inbetween?
How many cities collapsed?
How many men were lost?
How much love was lost?
Into shifting sands or shapeless snow?
How many temples were burnt?
How many schools wiped out?
How many bombs were dropped?
How many nations rising and shining
Declared war on its own children?
How many soldiers were killed inbetween?
How many cattle slaughtered?
How many men hanged ?
How many still alive inbetween?

5.
These are the days we live
The days of our lives
And when we forget to cry
Electric pours the rain
Sweet dissolves the night
Sweet dissolves the night
Into the inbetween.

No comments: