Monday, March 29, 2010

Bed


1.
Across this room of lazy smoke
Between the pillars of swirling sunlight
A shadow moves naked towards naked I.

"Are you alright?" She says

Dark eyes dark hair
Her skin glows soft sepia.
Between the pillars of swirling sunlight
Across my room of lazy smoke
I move naked inside the naked her.
Entangled and swirling lazy like
Dark scribbles on our hot sheets

Later she asks me again
"You alright?"

She answers her own question
Hiding her face between hot sheets
Her hair dark scribbles on the hot sheets
Glowing soft sepia in the swirling sunlight:

"You still love her.
I am just a shadow shifting
Sliding between the pillars of swirling sunlight
And the swirling shadows of silence
In your room of lazy smoke.
At least you still love."

Later she disappears
The evening fades to black.

2.

Because I am helpless
Every star in the drunken sky
Whispers songs of love
Because I am helpless.

If you came
I would awake and hold you in my arms
I would awake and sing you songs of love
If you came.

I would not know who you are
You'd say I'm still in love with the last one
You'd say so hiding your face.
Between white hot sheets
I never know who you are.

But if you came
You could choose to be the last one.
You could choose to be another.
You could choose to be the shifting shadow.
You could choose to hide your face
Between white hot sheets.

And I'd awake and hold you in my arms.
Because I am helpless
And every star in the drunken sky
Would still whisper songs of love
Because I am helpless.

2 comments:

M said...

Its almost a song.

Ophelia said...

Maybe I had said, something that was wrong
Can I make it better, with the lights turned on.